Suitable for all SENDCOs, teaching and teaching support staff working in pre-school and EYFS settings.
Session 1: 4th March 2019 8.30am - 4.30pm at Fossebrook Primary School
Session 2: 11th March 2019 8.30am - 4.30pm at Fossebrook Primary School
Session 3: 18th March 2019 8.30am - 4.30pm at Danemill Primary School
(plus a 10 week time period for portfolio completion).
This is an externally accredited course for those working with children aged 3-5 years. Delegates will be required to submit a portfolio following their attendance at this training in order to receive the accredited qualification*. This course provides information and strategies to develop the communication skills of all young children but especially those with speech, language & communication needs (SLCN). (*PLEASE NOTE: Delegates are able to attend the training and opt out of completing the portfolio at the discretion of their School).
Covered in the course:
• What is communication?
• Communication friendly settings, adult-child interaction and working with families
• Play and social communication
• Listening, looking and understanding spoken language
• Promoting the development of vocabulary
• The Blank Level language scheme (or Language for Thinking)
• Modifying adult’s speech to help a child understand language
• Encouraging expressive language and narrative skills
• Supporting children with unclear speech and developing phonological awareness skills
• Management of stammering and other issues raised in the course.
The outcomes that participants can expect from the course:
• A firm knowledge and understanding of SLCN
• A range of strategies and tools that can be implemented in everyday working practice in a classroom environment
• A Level 2 or Level 3 nine credit Award in Knowledge and Practice to Support the Communication Skills of 3-5s (both levels are now on the QCF).
Ten working days notice prior to the session date are required for cancelling a place otherwise your school will be charged at the full rate.
If you have not previously booked for one of our courses please telephone 0116 3184066 to have the name of your School added to our online booking system.
10 available until Thu 28 Feb 11am