Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden School Tour Reservations
2018-19 School Year - Please Carefully Read Before Booking.
IMPORTANT: Please carefully read instructions to select the number of students (spaces) for your tour. You MUST make a reservation for EACH STUDENTS' spot. Please do not book a date if there are insufficient spaces available for the number of students you are bringing, otherwise your booking will be cancelled.
• No login required; you do NOT need to create an ID/password for booking.
• Self-Guided Field Trips (M-F), from Aug 10, 2018 to Jun 20, 2019, MUST be booked online at least 7 days in advance--if spaces are available.
• Guided School Tours - Docent led starting Oct 2, 2018 to Jun 7, 2019. Plant only on Tue or Thu, no guided plant tours on 3rd-Tues (free-Tues).
History only on Wed or Fri. Guided tours can be booked online up to 14 days prior to the 1st of the month -- if spaces are available. Note: if a date is not listed, a guided tour is not available.
Any questions about docent led tours for children with special needs, PRIOR to booking your tour please call Chris Orosz (626) 821-5897.
• The Arboretum requires one adult (teachers or chaperones) per 10 children, a 1:10 ratio. We cannot admit groups for docent or self-guided tours with insufficient chaperones.
• Students’ admission is free. Adults are admitted free of charge up to a ratio of 1:5. The fee for each adult over this ratio is $9.00.
• To Reschedule a tour, you MUST cancel the online booking and re-apply. Please, coordinate tour booking with your bus arrangements.
• Download Home School Information here.
• Entering accurate contact info at booking is critical. Without accurate info, we cannot contact you and your tour will be cancelled.
• No fees are collected for booking. (The fee for each adult over the 1:5 (adult:student) ratio is $9.00. Paid on the day of the tour).
• Best to book ONLY ONE TOUR at a time to obtain a Booking Reference code for each date+tour reserved.
• You have 60 minutes to complete the booking; your session times out and your spaces are released back to the available pool.
• This online system is NOT for Adult Walking Tours. Call (626) 821-3210.
Upon Successful Booking Completion:
- You will see Booking Complete, plus the Booking Reference code.
- You'll receive an automated Booking Confirmation email. Review it carefully, follow the instructions! If you do not receive the Booking Confirmation email, then something went wrong and your tour is NOT booked!
• Review all the materials that are emailed when you book your tour. Print off the Field Trip Form, you MUST bring this completed form on the day of your tour.
• Several weeks prior to your tour, you'll be called to confirm you are still coming on the date you reserved. If you do not respond to the verification PHONE CALL, your tour will be cancelled.
• In the event you cannot come for the tour you scheduled, please be considerate and release (cancel) your booking ASAP, so another group may have the opportunity to use that space.
To Cancel a Previously Booked tour:
• Refer to the Booking Confirmation email which contains a link to access your booking.
• Self-Guided Field Trips and Guided Tours can be cancelled online using your booking link up to 7-days in advance.
• Docent tours are VERY popular, if you are unable to keep your reservation, PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE and release (cancel) your booking promptly so that another group may be able to take advantage of the date you cannot make.
• Cancelling any booking less than 7-days in advance, call Chris Orosz (626) 821-5897.
• Need booking help? Download Online Booking Instructions here.
• Carefully read your Booking Confirmation email and follow the instructions.
• Other assistance, call the Arboretum School Tour line: (626) 821-3212
• Details about the Arboretum Gift Shop's Student Souvenir Pack.
On left side: Click on "Select date", find your date+tour combo and select.
On right side: Verify tour type, date and spaces available; select "View Details."
We cannot admit groups for docent or self-guided tours with insufficient chaperones. Minimum ratio 1:10, adult:student.
Chaperones' role is to ensure children's safety and that the Arboretum rules are followed. Please make sure bathrooms and all facilities are used appropriately,
• Food is not permitted inside the Arboretum
• No plants, fruits, sticks, rocks or other parts of the garden may be taken
• On guided tours, no siblings in strollers permitted. Cell phone/tablet use is not permitted on guided tours by students.