BHS Adult Training Camp information 2021
The camp is open to all BHS Gold Members who have either been at the monthly clinic’s run at Forest Edge or attended BHS Summer camp. An exception will be made for riders taught or known to the coach. Anyone else wishing to come can always book and attend a clinic in advance of camp. The training camp aimed at the everyday grass roots rider to the aspiring competition rider, with all levels catered for. Enjoy three days/two nights in the beautiful Breckland countryside at the peaceful Forest Edge Arena. There is plenty of time to chill and unwind with a leisurely hack, through the forest and surrounding countryside.
The cost of the Camp is £275 and includes:
A stable for your horse & six lessons. Also included is Lunch and dinner on day one, a cooked breakfast and dinner on day two and a cooked breakfast and lunch on day three. Also included are tea, coffee & juice. Vegetarian alternative is offered, and intolerances can be catered for. Lifestyle diets, for example low carb/vegan will need to be discussed direct with the center and may incur an extra cost.
There are two lessons with the same coach on all three days. There is plenty of time to hack and watch others each day. The numbers in sessions are small with the aim of 4 riders in each. Each lesson is an hour long or maybe spilt into smaller numbers with the time adjusted. This often happens for the afternoon session if the weather is very hot. So, you may have two riders having a semi-private for 30mins, rather that four for an hour. The coach will sort people wanting to do similar at similar levels into session times, these may change day to day – there are no set groups.
Your camp starts from 8.30am on the first day, you will know your session time in advance so you can plan arrival time accordingly.
The BHS camp is set at Forest Edge Arena, run by Sam and Mathew, it’s an equestrian competition centre set in the heart of Breckland. This is an unspoilt and picturesque area of Breckland (Norfolk), which means this will be a peaceful holiday with your horse. Forest Edge has direct access to the forest and offers miles of off-road hacking, which you can take advantage off.
The venue offers a warm friendly welcome. The facilities include, stables, indoor toilets & showers*, a snug & cafe, a 77x35m indoor arena, which has an Andrew Bowen pro-wax surface & a large outdoor arena.
You need to bring a tent/horse box etc to sleep in, electric hook ups are available as an extra, book with centre direct.
If you’re using Hay you may want to bring your own as ‘seasoned’ hay is often scarce at this time of year and the centre may therefore only have freshly cut available.
• For hay, haylage and woodchip please call Forest Edge on 01760 722616 (closed Mondays), payment to centre direct. This should be done at least 10 days before camp to allow the centre time to get your order in.
Dogs: a dog may be bought to camp with the acknowledgement of myself. Please do not bring a dog that is prone to barking as it upsets the peace and tranquillity of the setting and disturbs other campers. Dogs should be kept on leads while on the yard.
Please email your booking form and pay the deposit online. Once your form and deposit are both received, I will confirm your place.
Booking Terms and conditions
• Anything is subject to change depending on latest Government advise.
• Anyone feeling unwell with Covid-19 type symptoms must not attend. Please contact Janet.
• Please park at least 5m apart in the designated parking area.
• Track and trace information will be taken and kept for up to 21 days after the event.
• All horses must be no younger than four years of age and be of an appropriate fitness level for the activity being undertaken – hooves and shoes must be in good condition.
• Tack must be suitable, in safe condition and fit correctly.
• Any stallions must be informed to the organizer at the time of booking. No person may bring a stallion without ensuring, at all times, that other riders, horses and members of the public are not at risk. Stallions should be identifiable by a bridle tag and/or yellow tail ribbon. Any stallions deemed to be unsafe by the organiser may be directed to leave the site.
• All horses must be up to date with annual equine influenza vaccinations and must be 6 days clear from their most recent vaccination. Spot checks will be made at the event.
• Horses should not be left unattended when tied to horseboxes.
• It is a legal requirement to have your horses’ passport when travelling to events.
• The BHS strongly recommends wearing hi-viz when hacking.
• Hats to the current standard must be worn and correctly secured at all times when mounted. Please check yours meets current standards which can be found at http://www.bhs.org.uk/headwear
• Body protectors are strongly recommended and should comply with current standards – also found on the BHS website at http://www.bhs.org.uk/body-protectors
• All riders must wear suitable riding footwear when mounted. Wellington boots and trainers are not allowed.
• The BHS strongly recommends wearing hi-viz when hacking & riders are advised to carry a mobile phone and be aware of the emergency contact number for the event.
• Refund of Deposit before the balance is paid (six weeks before camp).
A refund of the £75 deposit is only given on production of a vet’s/Dr’s
certificate stating the horse/you will not be fit for work in the month of camp.
No refunds of deposit are given for change of mind or circumstances.
• Refund of Total
Six weeks before camp the following will apply:
A full refund will be given on production of a vet’s or Dr’s certificate stating the
horse/you is not fit or likely to be fit for work in the camp month.
All other circumstances between the 1st April & 31st May
The balance (less the deposit) will be refunded if I can fill your place, I
have a waiting list and have been always able to fill the spaces available,
however the more notice the easier this is.
Less than six weeks before.
No refunds can automatically be given no matter what the circumstances,
Vet’s/Dr certificate or otherwise.
However I will try to fill your space, again the later the cancelation the harder
As with all holidays it’s advisable to get insurance, then should you need to cancel, this would cover your holiday cost.
Please complete the booking form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org straight after booking to complete the process an enable confirmation of your place.