Who should attend this course?
Protecting children from being radicalised and drawn into terrorism is the responsibility of all professionals, you should attend this course if you work with children within a professional setting or school and come into contact with children and young people in the course of your work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector.
This course is ideal for:
All professionals who may also have designated roles and responsibilities and includes:
Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Nursery Workers, Carers and Childminders. Social Workers and Health Care Professionals Youth/Activity Workers, Leaders, After School Workers and Volunteers Sports Coaches and Teachers Church/Religious Leaders and Volunteers.
What will I learn?
This is an interesting and reflective course containing relevant content for today’s society. The course teaches you how to use this up-to-date information to ensure that children are protected from all types of radicalisation. The course identifies your responsibility in challenging views and reporting concerns. It also supports you in effectively implementing the British Values within your setting.
· Current issues relating to the law, Counter Terrorism and the Prevent Duty
· Links between the Prevent Duty, Safeguarding and British Values
· British Values – what are they and what is their purpose?
· British Values - how to firmly embed these firmly in your nursery settings
· Difficult conversations with children – talking about upsetting subjects with under fives
Counter Terrorism, the Prevent Duty and British Values - England and Wales at Northampton Riverside