Who should attend this course?
This course has been designed to suit all practitioners wanting to develop their interest in SEND, & explore appropriate support for those children in your setting. Ideal course for staff aspiring to be the SENCo/Buddy SENCo or need strategies for supporting & working with the families.
What will I learn?
An introduction to key legislation and how they support children with SEND. You will take part in practical elements of the course & share and reflect on how you support children with SEND. You will have opportunities to draw on each other’s expertise to further your skills.
What will I gain?
An Enhancement of your personal and professional skills to support your career progression
· The definitions of Special Education Need, Disability & Equality
· Inclusion, inclusive practice & the child’s voice
· Different types of SEND
· Down Syndrome & Autism – a brief discussion
· Working in partnership with parents & outside agencies
· Makaton alphabet and simple signs
Introduction to Supporting Babies and Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities - England and Wales at Chorley Brooke Street