The NDP3 treatment approach is currently one of two interventions with the strongest evidence for use with children with developmental verbal dyspraxia/childhood apraxia of speech. This online course will be presented by UK expert, Dr Pam Williams FRCSLT.
This online course is accessible as a two or four module option. Those attending for the two modules only option will learn current evidence-based information about developmental verbal dyspraxia/childhood apraxia of speech and the NDP3 assessment procedure and intervention approach, so they can use NDP3 effectively within their clinical practice. Modules three and four build on the first two modules and will offer a deeper look at NDP3 and allow clinicians to practise using NDP3, through a series of supported assessment, treatment planning and goal setting exercises, as well as the opportunity to raise clinical queries and to problem solve case management issues.
The first two modules can be studied on the mornings of 23 and 24 June 2020, 9.30-12.30am. The additional two modules can be studied on the mornings of 30 June and 1 July 2020, 9.30-12.30am.
• You want to update your knowledge of developmental verbal dyspraxia/childhood apraxia of speech
• You want to learn more about the latest edition of the Nuffield Dyspraxia Programme (third edition)
• You want to understand the latest evidence-base for assessment, diagnosis, intervention approaches and treatment intensity for children with DVD/CAS
• the nature of developmental verbal dyspraxia and the typical presenting difficulties of children with DVD/CAS
• the current DVD/CAS evidence -base for assessment and diagnosis, intervention approaches and service delivery
• key principles of the NDP3 Assessment and how it can be used to inform differential diagnosis and to create case profiles
• key principles of the NDP3 treatment approach
• a step by step guide to treatment planning and goal setting using NDP3, illustrated by clinical case studies.
• You want to focus more on applying NDP3 to your clinical practice
• You want to spend time trying out practical case study exercises with the support of a knowledgeable tutor
• You want to problem-solve case management issues
• how to analyse a child’s data in detail following the NDP3 Assessment guidance, to produce a case profile.
• how to create short- and longer-term treatment plans for specific cases utilising NDP3 methodology and how to apply these in therapy sessions.
• how to identify immediate needs, set general and specific treatment goals, select stimuli and resources to use in therapy and monitor progress.
Speech and Language Therapist and Honorary lecturer in Speech and Language Therapy at University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Dr Williams retired from her clinical post as Consultant Speech & Language Therapist at the Nuffield Hearing and Speech Centre, in December 2017, after more than 30 years’ service. Pam was involved in creating the original Nuffield Centre Dyspraxia Programme (NDP), published in 1985, and co-edited the current NDP (3rd edition) with her colleague Hilary Stephens. She has lectured widely in UK, Ireland, Europe & Australia, and continues to run training workshops on the subject of NDP and developmental verbal dyspraxia/childhood apraxia of speech.
Pam was a member of the working party who produced the RCSLT Policy Statement on Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia, published in November 2011 and is a former chair of the UK Dyspraxia Foundation Charity. She was awarded a Fellowship of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists in 2013, and is a current member of the Child Speech Disorder Research Network for UK and Ireland.
The prices quoted include access to the course handouts. Participants also need to purchase a copy of the NDP3 Training manual prior to the course, UK price £25 (inclusive of postage and packing), available from https://www.ndp3.org/product/new-ndp3-therapy-manual/
Participants from overseas should consult the website for relevant prices and allow sufficient time for delivery.
The price quoted above is for online payments directly with NDP3. If you need to make your purchase using a purchase order or invoice system we would be happy to arrange this for you. Our charge for this is £30. Please let us know immediately if you wish to order with us in this way, and we will make appropriate arrangements.
In all cases we need to share the participant name and delivery address with NDP3
Please note, NDP3 picture resources can also be purchased from www.ndp3.org, but are not a prerequisite for the online training modules.
Module 1-4 Online Payment
Course ticket - for all 4 dates.
Attend 4 mornings: Tue 23rd June, Wed 24th June, Tue 30th June and Wed 1st July. Card Payments Only
Module 1-4 - Offline Payments
Course ticket - for all 4 dates.
Attend 4 mornings: Tue 23rd June, Wed 24th June, Tue 30th June and Wed 1st July. Invoice or PO required
Module 1-2: Online Payment
Attend 2 mornings: Tues/Weds, 23rd/24th June - Card Payments Only
Module 1-2 - Offline Payment
Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th June - Invoice or PO required
Student or SaLT returners to work Module 1-4 - Online Payment Only
Card Payments Only
Student or SaLT returners to work Module 1-2 - Online Payment Only
Card Payment Only
This is an online event.
Joining instructions will be provided after booking.
Online Webinar - Zoom