This is an online event.
Joining instructions will be provided after booking.
This Online DCN workshop is for you if you are:
• A single woman who is thinking about whether donor conception is the right way forward for you to create or expand your family
• Contemplating sperm, double or embryo donation with or without surrogacy
• Unsure about donor conception and would like to know more about it
• Wondering if you need time out to evaluate where you have got to on your fertility journey and what your options may be for the future
• Affected by the disruption in clinic treatment caused by Covid19
• Thinking about having fertility treatment in the UK or abroad, or currently having treatment in the UK or abroad
• Using, or contemplating using an anonymous, known or identifiable donor
Why should we attend?
• A comfortable and confidential space to think about what it means to you to create or add to your family using a donor
• Run by three facilitators who are also parents of donor conceived children
• A donor conceived young person will attend the Saturday night session to chat to you about their experiences
• Talking with others in small and large groups throughout the day
• An optional but highly recommended evening meal together in a local restaurant helps to break the sense of isolation felt by so many people contemplating donor conception and friendships are often formed. For the online workshop, there is an evening session to replace the evening meal, come with a glass of something cold and some snacks!
• Access to on-going peer support group with your fellow delegates
• Comprehensive sets of handouts about all aspects of donor conception will be sent to you before and after the workshop
The workshop will be delivered on Zoom, supported by a WhatsApp group. For most of the workshop you will need a laptop, tablet or PC with audiovisual capabilities and space in your home to work without interruptions.
Please note that there is an introductory Zoom session on the Friday night 7.30-8.30pm to allow you to familiarise yourself with the technology and an optional social session on the Saturday night 7.30-8.30pm to allow everyone to get to know each other better.
Please contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to discuss this further.
Prep SW Online
Zoom - Online