This is an online event.
Joining instructions will be provided after booking.
This 1 day Online DCN workshop is for you if you are:
• A heterosexual couple who are thinking about whether donor conception is the right way forward for you to create or expand your family
• Contemplating sperm, double or embryo donation with or without surrogacy
• Unsure about donor conception and would like to know more about it
• Wondering if you need time out to evaluate where you have got to on your fertility journey and what your options may be for the future
• Thinking about having fertility treatment in the UK or abroad, or currently having treatment in the UK or abroad
• Using, or contemplating using an anonymous, known or identifiable donor
** Please note that there is a 1 hour session on the Friday night 7.30-8.30pm for introductions and Zoom familiarisation and a 1 hour session on Saturday night 7.30-8.30pm to meet a donor conceived young person and ask them questions.**
Why you should attend.
• A comfortable and confidential space to think about what it means to you to create or add to your family using a donor
• Run by three facilitators who are also parents of donor conceived children
• A donor-conceived young person will also attend to chat with you about their experiences.
• Talking with others in small and large groups throughout the day
• Access to on-going peer support group with your fellow delegates
• Comprehensive sets of handouts about all aspects of donor conception will be sent to you before and after the workshop
Our experience is that in order to get the most from the workshop, couples need to attend together if possible.
This workshop is for those who have not yet conceived through donor conception (though you may have children already who are not donor-conceived)
Please note medical aspects of donor conception are not covered in this workshop.
The workshop will be delivered on Zoom, supported by a WhatsApp group. You will need a laptop, tablet or PC with audiovisual capabilities and space in your home to work quietly. For some small group work (if there are two of you) you will require an additional device (a smart phone is fine) and space in your home to work individually. Please contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to discuss this further.
Please note this is a 1 day workshop (Saturday) with an hour's introduction on the Friday evening before.
In order to get the most from the workshop on the Saturday, we will be asking you to complete some brief preparation prior to the workshop;
a) Complete a short survey to allow us to understand what you’d like to gain from the workshop to help us tailor the content to your needs
b) Watch a presentation from a parent of donor conceived children and make brief notes so we can discuss on Saturday
c) Attend a welcome session on Friday evening to meet the facilitators and your fellow delegates and to ensure your technology is working for a prompt start on Saturday. This is an integral part of the workshop and helps us make the most of the time we have on Saturday
d) Join a closed WhatsApp group (specific to the workshop) so we can send material for use during the day and give you access to facilitators and fellow delegates.
Early Bird heterosexual couple place
4 available until Thu 4 Jan 9:30am
Early bird price until one month before the workshop. Couple place (2 spaces)
Group ticket for 2 people
Early Bird single place (part of a heterosexual couple)
1 available until Thu 4 Jan 9:30am
Early bird price until one month before the workshop. Single place
Heterosexual couple place
couple place (2 spaces)
Group ticket for 2 people
Single place (part of a heterosexual couple)
Zoom - Online