This interactive online workshop will equip you with the skills and expertise to support you to offer yoga in community and non-traditional yoga settings.
● Accessibility and inclusion issues in Yoga
● What yoga might offer in community settings
● Neuroscience of stress response and the effect of yoga on the brain
● Experiential learning and discussion around appropriate pranayama practices
● Recognising power dynamics in a yoga space- language, environment and ethics
● Practicalities and challenges of working in community settings
● How to set up a community class - Q&A
● Interactive teaching practice and discussion
The course structure is a combination of pre-recorded content and live interactive sessions.
Live sessions will take place as below:
Saturday (4.5hrs) 10am-1pm and 3pm-4.30pm
Sunday (4.5hrs) 10am-1pm and 2.30pm-3.30pm
There are approximately 4 hours of pre-recorded lectures and practices which you are required to complete prior to attending the live weekend
There are approximately 4 hours of pre-recorded lectures and practices which you are required to complete prior to attending the live weekend. These will be sent to your two weeks prior to the start date.
This is an online event.
Joining instructions will be provided after booking.
Zoom - Online