Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden School Tour Reservations
Before making a reservation, please carefully read the information to ensure all the rules and expectations are understood.
• The Arboretum requires one adult (teachers or chaperones) per 10 children, a 1:10/Adult:Student ratio. We cannot admit student groups without insufficient chaperones!
• Food is not permitted inside the Arboretum.
• No plants, fruits, sticks, rocks or other parts of the garden may be taken.
Avoid Common Errors/Oversights:
• When reserving spots for your students, carefully read instructions. You MUST make a reservation for EACH STUDENTS' spot. Do not book a date if there are insufficient spaces available for your students, otherwise your booking will be cancelled.
• On the day of your tour, bring the completed Field Trip Form included with your Booking Confirmation email, to ensure a smooth start and no lost time on your tour day.
• Chaperones' role is to ensure children's safety and that the Arboretum rules are followed. Prior to your tour, ensure chaperones read -> their responsibilities. <-
• Print the -> Check-in Procedure/Bus Parking <- included with the Booking Confirmation email and share the notice with the school bus driver (for parking info).
• To prepare for your field trip review the -> Arboretum's Field Trip Guidelines <- included with the Booking Confirmation email.
• No login required; you do NOT need to create an ID/password for booking.
• Cost: Students’ admission is free. Adults are admitted free of charge up to 1:5/Adult:Student ratio. The fee for each adult over this ratio is $9.00 and is paid on the day of the tour.
• To Reschedule any tour, you MUST cancel the online booking and re-apply. Please, coordinate tour booking with your bus arrangements.
• Click this link for details about the Arboretum Gift Shop's -> Student Souvenir Pack. <-
• -> Download Home School Information here. <-
• Entering accurate contact info at booking is critical. Without accurate info, we cannot contact you and your tour will be cancelled. Include the lead teacher name and their cell number when filling out the booking form.
• Best to book ONLY ONE TOUR at a time to obtain a unique Booking Reference code for each tour reserved.
• You have 60 minutes to complete the booking; your session times out and your spaces are released back to the available pool.
• This online system is NOT for Adult Walking Tours. Call (626) 821-3210.
Self-Guided Field Trips (M-F) (Aug 10, 2018 to Jun 20, 2019)
• MUST be booked online at least 7 days in advance--if spaces are available.
Guided School Tours (Oct 2, 2018 to Jun 7, 2019)
• On guided tours, no siblings in strollers permitted.
• Cell phone/tablet use is not permitted on guided tours by students.
• Plant tours on Tue or Thu, no guided plant tours on 3rd-Tues (free-Tues). History tours on Wed or Fri.
• Guided tours can be booked online up to 14 days prior to the 1st of the month -- if spaces are available. Note: if a date is not listed, a guided tour is not available.
• Any questions about docent led tours for children with special needs, please call Chris Orosz (626) 821-5897, PRIOR to booking your tour.
Upon Successful Booking Completion:
- You will see Booking Complete, plus the Booking Reference code.
- You'll receive an automated Booking Confirmation email. Review it carefully, follow the instructions!
If you do not receive the Booking Confirmation email, then something went wrong and your tour is NOT booked!
• Review all the materials that are emailed in your Booking Confirmation email. Print off the Field Trip Form, you MUST bring the completed form on the day of your tour.
• Several weeks prior to your tour, you'll be called to confirm you are still coming on the date you reserved. If you do not respond to the verification phone call, your tour will be cancelled.
If you are unable to keep your reservation, PLEASE cancel your booking promptly so another group may have the opportunity to use the released spaces.
To Cancel a previously booked tour:
• Refer to the Booking Confirmation email which contains a link to access your booking.
• Self-Guided Field Trips and Guided Tours can be cancelled online using your booking link up to 7-days in advance.
• To cancel your tour less than 7-days in advance, call Chris Orosz (626) 821-5897.
• Need booking help? Try first to carefully read the instructions provided on the various screens.
• Carefully read your Booking Confirmation email and follow the instructions.
• Other assistance, call the Arboretum School Tour line: (626) 821-3212
By proceeding with a reservation, you agree:
• to read the booking site instructions,
• to follow the rules listed,
• and to read and follow the instructions in the Booking Confirmation email.
Under SCHEDULE below, click on "Select date", find your date+tour combo and select to highlight...
On the right side: Verify tour type, date and spaces available. Then review the info under DETAILS section.
Scroll down... under TICKETS section, follow the instructions.