This half day session will provide guidance and training for NQT coordinators and mentors to effectively undertake the role. It includes:
• Briefing on the latest DfE guidance on meeting responsibilities for induction, monitoring, support and assessment
• Developing an appropriate school-based programme
• How to establish a developmental observation and feedback schedule
• Setting targets and assessing NQTs in line with the Teachers’ Standards
• Exploring best practice in supporting and developing NQTs, and what to do if an NQT is at risk of not meeting the Teachers’ Standards
• Ways of working effectively with the Appropriate Body
• Assessment report writing and target setting
There is no additional charge for the SLT and mentor training sessions and individual NQT support if your NQT is signed up to the full induction programme.
Training for NQT mentors and SLT
This is an online event.
Joining instructions will be provided after booking.
Online training event