To jest wydarzenie online.
Instrukcje dołączenia otrzymasz po dokonaniu rezerwacji.
This one-day course will provide an overview of stammering for therapists, teachers, doctors and any other interested parties.
• What is stammering? – what happens when someone is speaking, as well as how it can affect their feelings, their confidence, their behaviour and their life
• Why do people stammer? – what the research has taught us about the causes of stammering
• When a young child starts to stammer, how will we know if it is likely to continue? – how parents, doctors and therapists can decide what to do
• What can parents do to help? – tips and strategies to share with parents, to support their child to enjoy talking with confidence
• What therapies are available and what can we expect them to do? – the options for stammering therapy through the age range and the possible outcomes
• How can teachers help?- the challenges that school might present and helpful strategies that can support the child or student to flourish in school
Course attendees will:
This course is presented by Elaine Kelman
Elaine Kelman is a consultant speech and language therapist and the head of the Michael Palin Centre for Stammering in London. She is a registered European Fluency Specialist and has contributed to the Centre’s development of various stammering therapy programmes. Elaine has published and presented a number of papers, chapters and books. She is the co-author of Palin Parent-Child Interaction Therapy for Early Childhood Stammering and she participates in the Centre’s international training and research programme. Elaine is Secretary of the International Fluency Association, Chair of the European Fluency Specialists Board, an ASHA affiliate and a Specialist Adviser to the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
Reserve Me A Place
Do you wish to attend this training, but need approval from your employer? Make use of our Reserve me a place scheme to hold a place on this course
Standard Booking - Online Payments Only
Card Payments Only
Standard Booking - Offline Payment
Purchase Order or Invoice required for your organisation
Student or SaLT returners to work - Online Payment Only
Card Payment Only
Online Webinar - Zoom