Making It Real: Translating assisted conception with donor gametes into real family life
Do you work with recipients of donor gametes (with or without surrogacy), or with donor conception families?
This workshop will deepen your own understanding of the ways in which creating a child using eggs, sperm or embryos from a third party, including with surrogacy, is different from standard fertility treatments. We look at how best to help prospective parents consider from the outset the lifetime implications for the child and the family. We also look at how to support families as children grow up and circumstances, as well as interest levels, may change.
Attendance at this workshop will inform your policy and practice in helping you support your clients and patients in making decisions that are right for their future. You will have the opportunity to meet and network with the other attendees as well as DCN staff.
5 reasons to attend;
We will share our experience and knowledge about;
• The support needed by donor conception families before, during and after treatment
• The popularity of genetic testing companies and the impact of the removal of anonymity in the UK - with 2023 fast approaching are we ready?
• The services and resources offered by DC Network - and how these complement and build on information giving and counselling undertaken in clinics and elsewhere
Your learning outcomes
• Enhanced understanding of the need for full information and support for patients as choices are being made about which clinic and country as well as donor selection
• Ability to put counselling services in the context of other support and resources and future help that may be needed
• An understanding of the social and emotional issues of using donated gametes
• Information about the implications of the use of DNA and genetic testing websites
• Enhanced ability to reflect on the experiences of patients and clients
A certificate of attendance is available for the day.
You will have the opportunity to meet and network with the other attendees as well as DCN staff.
If you need an invoice to raise the payment through your employer, please do let us know.
EARLY BIRD TICKET
24 available until Sun 31 Jan 9:30am
Available until 31st January 2021
50 available between Mon 1 Feb 9:30am and Fri 26 Mar 9:30am
This is an online event.
Joining instructions will be provided after booking.