Assume the role of the designer and develop your own ideas into a final garment. You’ll be working to design brief set by a design house, in the past we’ve had collaborations with Alexander McQueen, Preen and Brogger. This is a comprehensive programme where you be learning the process from A-Z; research, illustration, design development to the final product as well as having industry talks along the way.
This programme is perfect for the teenager who is curious about fashion and what it takes to be a fashion designer, as well as students with a bit more experience in fashion and sewing. There will be a constant gaze on sustainability and how you can make your process as sustainable and zero-waste as possible.
You will learn how to:
• Assume the role of the designer and develop your own ideas into a design
• Complete a fashion brief written by a design house. Last year it was written by Alexander McQueen.
• Work with Ex LFW designer fabrics
• Create mood boards and learn why designers use them
• Pattern cut, sew and construct your own garment
• Take your first steps into the fashion industry
• Talks from guest speakers within the industry
• Fashion careers and CV talks
• Virtual tours
• Talk from Central Saint Martins Admissions including portfolio talk and insight into UAL
Whilst learning valuable skills such as:
• Fashion design
• Fabric knowledge
• Machine and hand sewing
You will leave with:
• Design development sheets
• Your own mood boards
• An outfit designed and made by yourself
• The Summer Fashion School London tote bag
• A certificate of completion
What You Need:
• Students must arrive with packed lunches, snacks and a re-usable bottle of water each day.
• We provide all materials and equipment.
• Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 4 pm
• Students must arrive with packed lunches, snacks and a re-usable bottle of water each.
• All materials and equipment are provided for this workshop.
• According to current guidelines students must wear masks.
Course ticket - for all 5 dates.