Do you know what Pattern cutting is? Have a listen to our podcast episode with industry pattern cuter and former Fashion School tutor, Alys Dinsmore.
Pattern cutting does not have to be this alien concept. It’s a vital part of fashion design and an important skill to understand. In this crash course, you’ll be learning how pattern pieces are formed to make garments, how to lay the pattern on fabric, and how to adapt a pattern through practical demonstrations and doing it yourself.
This programme is great for teens who like to make their own clothes or want a better understanding of the construction of garments.
• How to draw out a professional pattern
• Identifying Key Garment Details
• Adapting Patterns, eg. Taking a gather, elastic or frills pattern
• Students must arrive with packed lunches, snacks and a re-usable bottle of water each.
• All materials and equipment are provided for this workshop.
• Mask wearing is recommended.
• Students must have a negative Covid test result before the start of the programme. Order free lateral-flow tests here: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
Course ticket - for all 2 dates.