Standard rate £150 + VAT
Voluntary organisations with fewer than 5 paid staff should contact us for a discount before booking.
|£150.00 + tax|
This course, run in partnership with national housing charity Shelter, provides a comprehensive overview of the benefits that can be claimed by older people.
By the end of the course, participants will:
• Understand how the benefits system is structured and the eligibility rules for the benefits claimed by older people.
• Have gained an awareness of the principles behind means testing and how Pension Credit is worked out
• Be able to help people make successful claims for disability benefits such as Attendance Allowance
• Understand which benefits can/cannot be paid at the same time, including how Carers Allowance overlaps with the Retirement Pension
• Be able to complete basic benefit checks to ensure older people are claiming their likely entitlements
• Be able to advise people on how to make claims and how to challenge decisions
• Receive an e-certificate and have access to regular benefits news updates
Methods of delivery
This is a practical course. It is delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, group work and exercises, case studies, group discussion and games.
Participants need no previous knowledge of the benefits system
Please read the attached BTCTerms document (see Documents tab above) before booking. By completing the online form, you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions.
Any problems booking, please contact email@example.com