Standard rate £150* + VAT
For community and voluntary organisations, public sector organisations and housing associations.
See attached Company Information document. Course fees for organisations requiring a separate Supplier Form will be charged an additional £25 + VAT.
This course, run in partnership with national housing charity Shelter, looks at changes to Housing Benefit and the rollout of the full Universal Credit digital service. It includes a summary of recent and future changes.
By the end of the course participants will:
• Understand how the welfare benefits and tax credits system has changed over the last year;
• Understand the impact of Universal Credit (UC) full service as it is expands nationally;
• Know how the Universal Credit full service affects tenants and service users with health, disability and support needs as well as families with children and people in work;
• Understand how the total household benefits cap changes in 2016/17 and how it affects Housing Benefit claimants with and without children;
• Understand the changes made to Child Tax Credit and UC child element from April 2017;
• Understand the changes to Employment and Support Allowance and Universal Credit from April 2017;
• Be aware of the changes to UC housing element for young people aged 18-21;
• Have access to advice regarding any course-related question for 12 months after the course.
This is a practical course. It is delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, group work and exercises, case studies, group discussion and games.
This course (formerly known as Universal Credit & Housing Benefit Update) is relevant to anyone who has a working knowledge of the benefits system and works with tenants and service users of working age.
Booking confirms acceptance of our Terms and Conditions. Please read in Documents section before booking.
Any questions, please contact email@example.com