This course, run in partnership with national housing charity Shelter, provides a complete introduction to and overview of the Universal Credit Housing Element including how entitlement is worked out, claimed and paid.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Be aware of the basic eligibility conditions for Universal Credit;
- Understand the liability for housing costs rules for the UC Housing Element;
- Know how different types of rent are treated within the UC Housing Element;
- Know how housing costs for owner-occupiers are treated within UC;
- Have gained an understanding of the treatment of income and capital rules within UC Housing Element;
- Be clear about service charges, non-dependant deductions and the under occupancy rules within UC Housing Element;
- Understand the temporary absence and two homes rules in UC Housing Element;
- Understand the definition of specified supported accommodation and when tenants can continue to get Housing Benefit;
- Be aware of how changes in circumstances affect UC and the Housing Element and how to deal with overpayments;
- Be able to help tenants who have difficulties managing the single monthly payment;
- Understand how the UC Housing Element is calculated for people in and out of work;
- Have access to any course-related question for 12 months after the course.
This course is authorised to offer CPD points to solicitors by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Refreshments are included.
Please read the attached Terms & Conditions (BTC Terms) before reserving a place. Booking online means that you have read and accepted our terms.
Any further questions, please contact email@example.com