Standard booking12 available
|£895.00 + tax|
The ability of leaders is vital to business success. This course provides the essential skills and ideas for understanding leadership and its impact on motivation. It also includes what makes an effective team and the characteristics for success. Various practical activities with relevant tasks are used to facilitate learning, some of which take place outside and are an excellent way of experiencing and practicing teamworking skills.
• Understand the difference between leadership and management
• Select and adopt appropriate style to suit different situations and people
• Establish approaches for motivating individuals
• Understand the difference between a group and a team
• Understand the effects of different leadership styles
• Recognise the different roles within teams and what makes teams effective.
Managers and supervisors who want to become even more effective as leaders and motivators. It is particularly for those who have recently acquired a new team and/or who need to encourage their existing teams to perform and ‘pull together’ in the same direction.
• Leadership qualities and characteristics
• Situational leadership styles
• Leadership skills and behaviours
• Motivation - definition
• Creating an environment for motivation
• Removing de-motivating factors
• Criteria for High Performing Teams
• What makes a High Performing Team - essential skills
• Factors affecting team performance
• Recognising different roles and their place in the team
• Using individual team members’ skills & strengths
• Practical teamworking
• Personal implementation plans
• Review of learning