THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE - 28 JUNE 2019 - Hanbury Manor, Ware, Hertfordshire
The main annual event for the VAT Practitioners' Group UK. "Organised by members, for members" - but open to all.
Expand your knowledge and network with fellow VAT professionals at the one day conference on Friday 28 June 2019.
Join friends and colleagues beforehand on the evening of Thursday 27 June for the AGM, Annual Dinner and drinks.
Speakers and topics for Conference 2019 are as follows:
• International VAT - Mike Cunningham (HM Treasury)
• Case Law Update - Andrew Hitchmough QC (Pump Court Tax Chambers)
• Making Tax Digital: the First Few Months - Verna Gellvear from the HMRC MTD team, Ruth Corkin (Hillier Hopkins LLP) and Bryony Clinton (Tax Automation)
• Reliance on HMRC Guidance - Dr Stephen Daly (University College London)
• Land and Property Update - Etienne Wong (Old Square Tax Chambers)
Break out sessions include:
• Financial Services - Gabby Donald (PwC)
• Future of TOMS - Damon Wright (PwC)
• Alternative Dispute Resolution - Neil Owen (VAT Advisory Services Limited)
• TOGC Clauses - Michael Ridsdale (Wedlake Bell LLP) and Colin Smith (M&G Prudential)
Event tickets start from £295 (inclusive of VAT) for a VPG member 'early bird' ticket. Accommodation rates start from £130 (pppn b&b). Annual Dinner and Drinks £40 pp.
The VPG Annual Conference is the only specialist VAT event with an evening programme the night before, providing further opportunities for networking and socialising with friends and colleagues.