Learn how to make a bodice toile from a basic pattern that fits your specific measurement.
classes are held over a six week period and cover flat tissue fitting, pattern alterations, making a toile as part of the fitting process.
You will then learn how to make alterations to the neckline, add sleeves, mix and match skirt patterns and create the exact dress shape you want each time. The choice is endless.
Suitable for confident beginners - If you’ve already completed the Dressmaking for Beginners class or have learnt the skills below, then this is the class for you.
• Know how to operate your sewing machine.
• Can understand and read a pattern.
• Know how to measure your body to get the best fit, although we will cover this again.
• Know how to prepare cloth, cut a pattern and make dressmaking marks.
• Understand how to hem and sew straight seams.
• Have a working knowledge of sewing lingo.
All materials for making the toile, including the dress pattern, are included,
Lisa Smith-Clare (aka Bobobun) is a self-taught dressmaker with over 30 years' experience. She creates her colourful, contemporary vintage style through 'pattern hacking' and she is passionate about sharing her skills in her workshops
6 week course Pattern Hacking
Course ticket - for all 6 dates.