Course Code: SCWJ421
Tutor: Zoë Nash
When: Sat & Sun 10.00am - 4.00pm
Dates: 20 & 21 November 2021
Maximum Enrolment: 12
Join multi-disciplinary artist, Zoë Nash, for this mixed media, winter warmer weekend workshop.
The course will introduce a range of painting techniques that explore blending, layering, staining, working with washes, textures, and additives, along with creating simple glazes. You’ll create works that combine a number of different techniques as you develop visual storytelling and communication skills.
Winter Jam is suitable for total beginners and those with some experience who want to experiment with more innovative mark making to reinvigorate a current practice. By the end of the weekend each student will have a resolved artwork on board, finished and ready to take away.
Winter Jam - with Zoë Nash
A basic kit of materials to get you up and going is listed here. Specialist art shops are the best option and will provide student discounts if you mention that you are attending the school. The stores we recommend are:
• Studio Art Supplies, Crummer Road, Grey Lynn
• The French Art Shop, Taylors Road, Morningside
• Gordon Harris, Gillies Avenue, Newmarket and Symonds Street, Auckland Central
• Takapuna Art Supplies, Takapuna
• A3 wet-strength or watercolour paper (can be purchased at BSA)
• A4 or A3 drawing or sketch pad
• Acrylic paints (primary colours of red, yellow and blue, plus black and white as a minimum. Feel free to bring along other chosen colours as desired).
• A variety of paintbrushes: 1x small 1x med. sized round brush, 1x med. flat brush
(10-15mm), 1x med. flat hog hair/bristle (10-15mm), 1x toothbrush
• A selection of simple drawing tools (e.g. HB, 4B and 6B pencils, a graphite stick, biro, ink pens and/or Sharpies, compressed and willow charcoal)
• Indian ink
• Low-tack (lilac-coloured) masking tape
• An old bank/credit card or rubber paintbrush
• Paper and pen for notes and sketching
• You will also need to buy (or bring along) a good quality surface or surfaces that can be used for your more resolved work. Artboards or canvases can be purchased on site from BSA, plus we have a selection of good quality papers available.
• Optional: extra paintbrushes in various shapes/sizes, selected acrylic mediums eg modelling paste, gloss, gel gloss, additional watercolour paper in a variety of sizes.
Available until Sat 20 Nov '21 10am
Online payment includes payment fee of 2.9% + NZ$0.30. Offline payment details on confirmation page.
Standard Booking + $10.00 BSA Student Fund - Donation
A $10 donation will go to our BSA Student Fund - helping those who are unwaged or under financial hardship (with a Community Services Card) to attend our courses.