This accessibility statement applies to websites on the bookwhen.com domain.
This website is run by Bookwhen. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours and font sizes using browser or device settings
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website content using a screen reader
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the scheduled event listing cannot be navigated using a keyboard
- in some places, we do not provide enough colour contrast between text and its background
- some tables do not have row headings
- some error messages are not clearly associated with form controls
- some error messages rely on colour alone to convey the error
- some form controls and links do not have focus styles when using a keyboard
- toggle buttons are not accessible for colour blind users
If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please email email@example.com.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- The event list buttons cannot be selected using a keyboard. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.1.1 (Keyboard).
- On some pages, there is insufficient colour contrast between the text and background. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.3 (Contrast).
- Some tables in content do not have table row headers. This means assistive technologies will not read the tables correctly. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (Info and Relationships).
- Some error messages rely on colour alone to convey the error. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.1 (Use of Colour).
- Some form controls do not have focus styles when using a keyboard. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.7 (Focus Visible).
- Some form labels are not correctly associated with a form control. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criteria 3.3.2 (Labels or Instructions).
- Toggle buttons are not accessible for colour blind users. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.1 (Use of Colour).
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We’re focused on improving accessibility, and are continually making updates to our website. We aim to work through the list of issues mentioned above, with issues 1 and 2 being our priority.
We will test the website against WCAG 2.2 success criteria in the first half of 2024 and update this document thereafter.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 16/11/2023. This website was last tested on 10/11/2023. The most viewed pages were tested using automated testing tools by our website team.