This program will provide you with the skill set required to learn how to lead on bolted sport routes.
This program is for intermediate level climbers with some time spent top roping indoors and outdoors as well. Climbing gym experience is not necessary but advantageous.
This course will take place at an ideal sport climbing venue in beautiful Banff National Park or surrounding areas around the equally stunning scenery of Canmore, Alberta.
This is a 2 day course that takes place typically on a weekend with a 4:1 ratio with an ACMG Mountain Guide with over 20 years of guiding and instructional experience.
• Tube or brake assisted style Belay device (BD ATC or Petzl Reverso and/or GriGri)
• Climbing Harness
• Rock Shoes
• Chalk Bag
• A selection of 3-5 locking carabiners*
• 1 X 120cm section of 10mm sewn spectra sling*
• 10-14 Quickdraws* (optional)
• 60 meter rope* (optional)
• Lunch with some snacks
• 1 litre water bottle
• Cool weather clothing in the event the weather is unseasonable (insulated and shell jackets)
• Sun screen
• Sunglasses & Ball Cap
• Pants (lightweight, ‘schoeller’ type fabric or synthetic or wool type fabric)
• Clothing allowing for easy and complete range of motion
• Hiking boots or running shoes or climbing approach shoes
• Small notebook and pencil (optional)
• Camera or phone, batteries (optional)
• Daypack (30-40 litres)
Learn to Lead Sport Climb
2 day course for 1 person