This is an online event.
Joining instructions will be provided after booking.
Do you work with recipients of donor gametes (with or without surrogacy), or with donor conception families?
We are excited to announce the date of our next 'Making it Real' workshop, aimed specifically at professionals working with donor conception parents and prospective parents - fertility counsellors, psychologists, nurses, embryologists, lawyers, donor coordinators, genetic counsellors, academics, clinicians and others.
Owing to the success of the workshop we ran in March 2021, DCN is delighted to be repeating this event in September. The content will be the same. If you attended in March, you are welcome to attend the day again or you may like to take this opportunity to recommend it to colleagues so they can experience it for themselves.
"This was honestly the best interactive Zoom event I have been to!"
"I would definitely recommend this to any professionals working in any field that overlaps with that of the area of donor conception."
This workshop will deepen your own understanding of the ways in which creating a child using eggs, sperm or embryos from a third party, including with surrogacy, is different from standard fertility treatments. We look at how best to help prospective parents consider from the outset the lifetime implications for the child and the family. We also look at how to support families as children grow up and circumstances, as well as interest levels, may change.
Attendance at this workshop will inform your policy and practice in helping you support your clients and patients in making decisions that are right for their future. You will have the opportunity to meet and network with the other attendees as well as DCN staff.
5 reasons to attend;
We will share our experience and knowledge about;
• The support needed by donor conception families before, during and after treatment
• The popularity of genetic testing companies and the impact of the removal of anonymity in the UK - with 2023 fast approaching are we ready?
• The services and resources offered by DC Network - and how these complement and build on information giving and counselling undertaken in clinics and elsewhere
Your learning outcomes
• Enhanced understanding of the need for full information and support for patients as choices are being made about which clinic and country as well as donor selection
• Ability to put counselling services in the context of other support and resources and future help that may be needed
• An understanding of the social and emotional issues of using donated gametes
• Information about the implications of the use of DNA and genetic testing websites
• Enhanced ability to reflect on the experiences of patients and clients
A certificate of attendance is available for the day.
You will have the opportunity to meet and network with the other attendees as well as DCN staff.
If you need an invoice to raise the payment through your employer, please do let us know.
EARLY BIRD TICKET
37 available until Sat 31 Jul 11:59pm
Available until 31st July 2021
50 available between Sun 1 Aug 12:01am and Wed 22 Sep 9:15am