This certified course is delivered by Paramedical First Aid. The course content fully meets HSE guidelines. It is a one day course, lasting 6 hours in total, plus breaks.
• Understanding the role of the first aider
• Assessing the situation and circumstances to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
• Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious
• Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) including defibrilation use.
• Administering first aid to someone who is having a seizure
• Administering first aid to a casualty who is choking
• Administering first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
• Administering first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
• Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries including burns
Please bring a packed lunch.
This course will require a certain amount of physical activity and you will need to demonstrate CPR techniques from the floor in a group environment. This is essential to pass this course. If anyone can not complete the CPR part of the course a certificate of attendance will be issued.
Please ensure you wear sensible (flat) shoes or trainers and suitable loose fit clothing. Skirts/dresses are not advisable.
Please be aware to pass regulated courses the learners need to attend all the course. 15 minutes at the start of a course can be missed in exceptional circumstances as long as the learner is happy to catch up on a break.
First Aid one day course
Price will be £40 - £55, depending on the number of delegates.
Redhill Trust Training Centre
Redhill Leisure Centre
Please park at Redhill Leisure Centre (the next driveway on the right after The Redhill Academy main entrance). Enter the Leisure Centre through the main entrance, the Training Centre is through the door to the left of reception.