This is an online event.
Joining instructions will be provided after booking.
Fully funded places provided by the Wandle English Hub for Wandle English Hub schools.
Led by Lindsay Pickton of Primary Education Advisors, this course will cover:
• Understanding the three reading modes (read to, read with, read by), and why each is important;
• Comprehension: not “understanding all the words”; understanding the text;
• Engaging in dialogue around texts;
• Supporting decoding through play;
• Why reading for pleasure / choosing to read is so important;
• Encouraging reading range (beyond books)
Engaging and Informing Parents
Online training event