Fully funded places provided by the Wandle English Hub for Wandle English Hub schools.
Led by Lindsay Pickton of Primary Education Advisors, this course will cover:
• Understanding the three reading modes (read to, read with, read by), and why each is important;
• Comprehension: not “understanding all the words”; understanding the text;
• Engaging in dialogue around texts;
• Supporting decoding through play;
• Why reading for pleasure / choosing to read is so important;
• Encouraging reading range (beyond books)
Engaging and Informing Parents
This is an online event.
Joining instructions will be provided after booking.
Online training event