Fully funded places provided by the Wandle English Hub for Wandle English Hub schools (state-funded schools in the 16 Wandle boroughs).
Led by Lindsay Pickton of Primary Education Advisors, this course will cover:
• Understanding the three reading modes (read to, read with, read by), and why each is important;
• Comprehension: not “understanding all the words”; understanding the text;
• Engaging in dialogue around texts;
• Supporting decoding through play;
• Why reading for pleasure / choosing to read is so important;
• Encouraging reading range (beyond books)
Engaging and Informing Parents
Spaces are offered free by the Wandle English Hub. However, there will be a £40 administration charge for non-attendance if you book a space and do not cancel in advance if you can no longer attend.
This is an online event.
Joining instructions will be provided after booking.
Online training event