BAASE: Bay Area Axis Syllabus Exchange
Welcome to the Bay Area Axis Syllabus Exchange (BAASE) 2020
BAASE (in Place) is an online/virtual offering to the community of somatic learners who wish to dive into the evolving content of the Axis Syllabus and develop their self practice while witnessing one another through the virtual medium.
For those new to the Axis Syllabus:
The Axis Syllabus is a constantly evolving reference system, or lexicon for the organization and cross-correlation of empirical and scientific findings from the study of human movement. This includes anatomical details, physics, practical applications, research, analysis and transmission.
- The basic structure of BAASE 2020 is a morning session and an early evening session; all times listed are PST. Enrollment is required to access meeting links for each session.
- We are offering a 3-step sliding scale. Single-session drop-in tickets are listed, however all are strongly encouraged to participate through an event pass.
- Assignments and smaller groups will be created to support the learning.
- We will have an opening circle Monday, an anatomy potluck on Wednesday, an open performance offering on Friday, and a closing circle Sunday.
- This year we will be looking at the Nervous System and the Axis Syllabus, Fascia and Improvisation, and as always we will be dancing.
- Please view event details for information about teachers and class content
- Please check this page and Axis Syllabus WEST for more details to come
We look forward to being with you.
- Select the pass you want.
- Select at least one session you wish to join (you can enroll in the rest any time before the start of the event).
Make sure you select only tickets associated with your class pass sliding scale level.
- Complete the booking flow.
You must enroll in at least one session when you purchase your pass. You can log back in and make the rest your enrollments or manage your bookings any time prior to the start of the event.
- After booking please make sure you have Zoom functional on your device.
- To access the online sessions you can find the links in your confirmation email or by logging back into your account here on Bookwhen.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions