Frazzled Cafe Online
Frazzled Cafe moved online from Spring 2020. Since then we have a seven-day a week programme and offer three types of meetings almost every day. All of our meetings provide the same safe space to share, talk and listen; the key differences between the three types listed below.
We suggest you try each of them, so you can find one that’s right for you.
Our different Frazzled Cafe meeting types:
A large Frazzled Cafe meeting with Ruby Wax held twice a week for around 100 people, and which lasts for an hour.
Our Facilitator meetings are held every day for around 17 people and last for an hour.
Facilitators have had full Frazzled Cafe training. Most have been with the charity for a number of years and have a professional background in mental wellbeing support.
Our Host meetings are held every day and are for around 15 people, and last for 45 minutes.
Hosts joined the charity in Spring 2020 when our meetings first went online. They too have had Frazzled Cafe training and Mental Health First Aid training. Many of our Hosts also volunteer for other mental wellbeing initiatives.
Frazzled Cafe Guidelines
To help ensure that our meetings run smoothly and in line with the values of Frazzled Cafe we ask that all participants agree to follow these guidelines:
• To act with integrity. Please respect one another’s confidentiality and anonymity. Please do not name anyone or discuss anything you may hear in a meeting with others who have not attended.
• To treat everyone, including our volunteers, with respect, consideration and kindness. Any threatening or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated and result in automatic removal from the meeting/the platform.
• To let everyone have a voice. Please respect one another by giving everybody the chance to contribute without interruption and by not dominating or disrupting the conversation. The facilitator may show a white card after 3 minutes to signal the end of a speaker’s turn.
• To listen without offering solutions. Please focus your contribution on personal experiences and not political/thematic concepts. When speaking please focus on what resonates with you personally, not on providing answers or solutions to others.
• To be kind to ourselves and each other. This is NOT group therapy and no- one should feel under pressure to say anything. We do hope that in hearing others’ experiences you will feel encouraged to share your own. Whether you speak or not, please treat each other in a supportive and considerate way.
• To welcome people from all backgrounds and points of view. We have no religious, political or commercial affiliations and ask that participants refrain from promoting any that they might have.
• To be present. To benefit fully from the session and stay present in the room, please try to avoid distractions from phones or other devices.
Schedules and Bookings
Please scroll through the dates below and, when you have found the meeting you wish to attend, click the blue 'View Details' button to the right to book your place.
You are welcome to book one Host or Facilitator meeting per day, plus the Frazzled Cafe meeting with Ruby Wax on days that she runs them. Please do not try to book into more than one meeting a day (aside from the Ruby meeting), both to make sure that as many people as possible can access our meetings as and when they need them, and so that you have time to properly decompress after each meeting.
Cancellations and Waiting Lists
Places at our meetings are limited and do have waiting lists.
If you know you no longer cannot attend after you have booked, please do follow the steps below, or let us know, so that we can release your place to the next person on the waiting list.
How to cancel your ticket- Using the link in your confirmation email* to access the booking, Click on 'Ticket Options' then 'Cancel'.
*sent to the email address entered in the booking details section
If you haven't been able to get a place do join a waitlist as you will be notified by our booking system if a place becomes available.
Or, if you would like to purchase some of our Frazzled Cafe branded gifts and merchandise, head over to our online shop
We are also now on Instagram, so feel free to follow us there for updates! @frazzled_cafe
Find out more about Frazzled Cafe - who we are and what we do, please see the About Us page on our website