Terms and Conditions
There are several ways to pay
ONLINE: Please refer to the schedule for further details, but all sessions must be paid for online at time of booking.
PRICING OPTIONS: Pay as you go payment for the one class you wish to attend.
All members are required to manage their own accounts and complete correctly all the required details, such as name, address, valid and current email address, correct date of birth.
It is strongly recommended that you opt-in to auto-emails so that you receive notifications about bookings, especially if you gain a place after being on the waiting list.
We do not allow multiple bookings for the same class under one person's account. For safeguarding, health and safety and insurance purposes we must have a record for each person that attends classes with their own account so that we ensure we have correct health information for each individual and emergency contact information. Parents are not permitted to book their children under their own accounts, they must create an individual account for each child.
LIABILITY WAIVER AND HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE
We require all participants to read and accept the Liability Waiver and Swimming Rules. There may be additional waivers for certain specialist classes. The Health Questionnaire must be filled out in full, together with all health information and emergency contact information. If a participants health changes, they must inform Surf and Swim School Ltd and fill out a new form.
I do hereby declare to be physically sound and not suffering from any condition, impairment, disease or other illness (other than those declared above) that would prevent my participation in class. I acknowledge that I have either had a physical examination and have been given my doctors permission to participate, or that I have decided to participate without the approval of my doctor and do hereby assume all responsibility for my participation in class.
Group swimming and fitness classes at Surf and Swim School Ltd (trading as The Surf Swim School) may involve strenuous physical activity, including but not limited to, interval training, muscular strength, endurance training, cardiovascular conditioning and aerobic training. Enrolment and participation in the class is voluntary and is in no way mandated by Surf and Swim School Ltd. This form has been completed with honest answers to the best of my knowledge. If there is any change to my health (including pregnancy) in the future, then I shall inform Surf and Swim School Ltd immediately and complete a new questionnaire with the details and seek further advice from a health professional and potentially cease attending classes where necessary. Participation in the class therefore is on my understanding that if any injuries occur as a result of my attendance, Surf and Swim School Ltd and its instructors are released from any liability now or in the future for any injuries or conditions that may be obtained from my participation.
I agree to respect the facilities, equipment and classes provided by Surf and Swim School Ltd and follow directions from the staff and instructors at all times and to not deviate from the teaching instructions given. I understand that if any damage is caused to equipment due to not following staff or instructors directions, then I may be held liable for any costs for repair or replacement. I understand that all jewellery must be removed during classes. I agree to not film or video without permission from the instructor and shall only do so during allotted times in the class to respect other participants privacy. I understand that Surf and Swim School Ltd are not liable for any lost or damaged personal possessions.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
TO BOOK A CLASS
From our schedule page, click through to create an account and book the classes you want. You will need to make payment at time of booking on a PAYG basis. If classes are full we do operate a waiting list. If you book yourself onto the waiting list, please check your emails for notification of a space.
TO CANCEL A CLASS
We operate a strict cancellation policy as classes are very popular. You must cancel your booking on your online account no later than 24hrs before the scheduled start time or you will lose your payment. Please respect this and have consideration for other members so they can book into your space. We understand that things pop up in every day life that can suddenly change your plans, but please cancel your space as soon as you know if you cannot make it. WE DO NOT ACCEPT BOOKINGS OR CANCELLATIONS OVER THE PHONE OR EMAIL as these may not be picked up in time.
CANCEL MORE THAN 24HRS BEFORE CLASS:
No problem! Your payment shall be refuned back to your booking account.
CANCEL LESS THAN 24HRS BEFORE CLASS
Payment will not be credited and payment is lost. When you book for your classes, this policy is outlined in our Terms and Conditions.
We operate waiting lists for all classes on our timetable if the class if full. If you get a space in the class, Surf and Swim School Ltd will send an automatic email update to inform you. Please note that the 12hr cancellation policy will automatically apply as soon as you gain a space off the waiting list, so if you receive a space in class less than 12hrs before the class start time and fail to turn up then you will be charged. If you know that you can no longer make it, please remove yourself from the waiting list. The booking system works on the assumption that if you are on the list, you are still available to attend.
If you unfortunately do not gain a space in class, any payments made will be automatically refunded back to your member account
Payment must be made in full at the time of booking to secure the slot. As these are special events, with instructors who have set aside special time for the duration of the course, bookings and payment for any courses are final and cannot be cancelled or refunded. You may however transfer the space for a course to a friend or to an alternative date if one is available, but this must be confirmed in advance via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMUNICATING WITH US
Please note that all changes to bookings must be made on your online account only and is the participants responsibility. We cannot accept cancellations or changes to bookings via phone, text or email as these messages may not be picked up in time whilst we are teaching and you risk us not receiving the cancellation notification in time. Please only contact us via phone or the school email address if you have extreme difficulty in accessing your online account. Please do not contact staff members through social media or their direct phone number for any enquiries regarding your account as they are not always available or able to help. For us to deal with your enquiry effectively, your questions will only be answered if you contact Surf and Swim School Ltd directly via phone or email to email@example.com
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
You must include a current and valid email address on your account. Please advise us if your email address or home address changes, and if your surname changes through marriage. Surf and Swim School Ltd
Any under 16 year olds must have an account created and operated by a parent or carer and must be accompanied by an adult to any family classes they attend. Exceptions to this are for specific children's classes as the instructor will be DBS checked.
Surf and Swim School Ltd reserves the right to refuse entry to any participants who turn up late to the session and miss the safety briefing. This is for members Health and Safety, to respect other members who have arrived on time and not disrupt the flow of the class. Members must stay for the full duration of the class so that they are safely escorted from the water. If a member is unwell or needs to leave early, they must speak to a member of the Surf and Swim School Ltd team who will advise on next steps, and record the swimmer leaving early from class.
Participants are expected to wear appropriate clothing for the classes, you are expected to wear a suitable wetsuit for open water swimming. Any swimmers wishing to swim in skins must obtain permission from the Head Coach prior to attending the session. Instructors and the Surf and Swim School Team have the discretionary power to ask members wearing inappropriate clothing to leave the class.
Operating hours and the timetable are subject to change.
We do not allow people to share accounts due to insurance purposes and safeguarding policies. The person attending the class must be the person listed on the account and booking.
We reserve the right to cancel or suspend your account at any time:
If we terminate or cancel your account for any of the reasons listed here, we will refund any prepaid PAYG payments that you have made.
We are not legally obliged to compensate you for any service, facility or item of equipment that is unavailable for reasons of health and safety, or any class that is cancelled for reasons beyond our control.
We will not compensate you for loss, damage or personal injury where no negligence on our part can be proven.
From time to time, we may take photographs and videos of classes in the studio for marketing purposes on (including but not limited to) leaflets, the website, newsletters and on social media platforms. By booking and attending classes at Surf and Swim School Ltd, you consent to these images being collected, however members may opt out by informing Surf and Swim School Ltd in writing.
WEBSITE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Surf Swim School invites you to visit its website. Access to classes and courses are subject to the terms and conditions outlined herein and all applicable laws. Surf and Swim School Ltd (trading as The Surf Swim School) reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this notice. This is an offer made by Surf and Swim School Ltd to you, under which you are invited to browse, peruse and interact with our website for your own personal edification, guidance, information and communication with Surf and Swim School Ltd
• This offer is expressly conditional on your acceptance of these terms and conditions. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between you and Surf and Swim School Ltd and takes precedence over all such existing communications and/or agreements.
• You acknowledge that, whilst every effort is made to ensure that all information contained in the Surf and Swim School Ltd website is accurate and up-to-date, Surf and Swim School Ltd makes no warranty as to its accuracy, and you accept that any and all use of information contained on the Surf and Swim School Ltd website is at your own risk.
• Surf and Swim School Ltd shall not be liable for any direct or consequential loss arising from your access to and/or use of or inability to access and/or use the Surf and Swim School Ltd website or any erroneous or omitted information contained on the Surf and Swim School Ltd website.
• You accept that the entire content of the Surf and Swim School Ltd website is protected by copyright and that Surf and Swim School Ltd is either the proprietor or licensee of all copyright in the material contained therein.
• Surf and Swim School Ltd reserves all its rights as copyright proprietor of the Surf Swim School website and prohibits without limitation downloading, distribution, exhibition, copying, adaptation, reposting, modification of and dealing in any copyright material contained therein, save as expressly provided herein without the express written authorisation of Surf and Swim School Ltd
• You are advised that all communications made via the Surf and Swim School Ltd website and/or email, including but not limited to competition entries, is strictly on a non-confidential basis and you hereby grant to Surf and Swim School Ltd an exclusive perpetual license to use the content of any such communication for any purposes whatsoever.
• You acknowledge that Surf and Swim School Ltd reserves all its rights as proprietor of all its trademarks and logos.
• You are advised that any and all images of people and/or places and/or events exhibited on the website are lawfully used by Surf and Swim School Ltd and that any misuse of these images by you is prohibited. You are further reminded that any such misuse of images may be a violation of copyright law, trade mark law, rights of privacy, publicity and personality, laws of defamation and/or obscenity, communications regulations and other legal provisions.
• Surf and Swim School Ltd reminds you that they police and enforce their rights vigorously to the maximum extent available under the law