This course, run in partnership with housing charity Shelter, provides a complete, updated introduction and overview of Universal Credit. It looks at how amounts are worked out, claimed and paid.
By the end of the course participants will:
• Know who is affected by Universal Credit and when;
• Know which benefits are being abolished and which benefits remain;
• Understand how Universal Credit amounts are worked out;
• Be able to help people who cannot manage a single monthly payment of benefit;
• Understand work-related conditions for both Universal Credit and existing benefits and how to deal with sanctions;
• Be able to advise people affected by the cap on total benefits;
• Be able to initiate an appeal;
• Have access to advice regarding any Universal Credit question for 12 months after the course.
This course is relevant to anyone who works with claimants of working age and has been recognised the Solicitors Regulation Authority as equivalent to 5.5hours CPD for solicitors.
Please read the attached BTCTerms document (see Documents tab above) before booking. By completing the online form, you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions.
Any problems booking, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard rate £150 + VAT
Voluntary organisations with fewer than 5 paid staff should contact us for a discount before booking.
|£150.00 + VAT|