This is a half-day course, run over a single morning.
UNIVERSAL CREDIT : MANAGED MIGRATION
This half day course looks at managed migration, the DWP process of moving people getting legacy benefits to Universal Credit (UC). It enables participants to understand the process of managed migration including timescales and deadlines, different types of transitional protection, how transitional protection is worked out as well as how it is eroded and/or lost.
By the end of the course participants will:
• Have an awareness of which parts of the UK are currently affected by managed migration, and DWP aims for further rollout.
• Be familiar with migration notices and how to advise claimants who receive them.
• Understand the significance of the ‘migration day’ and the ‘final deadline’ for a claimant with a migration notice.
• Understand the different types of transitional protection under managed migration and when each type should be applied.
• Be able to check that transitional protection has been applied correctly, including transitional elements.
• Have explored tactics for maximising income under managed migration.
• Know when transitional protection can be lost and how it is eroded over time.
This course is for participants with a working knowledge of the benefits system and some knowledge of universal credit is assumed. If you are new to universal credit you should first attend our universal credit overview course.
What you will need
You will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. Prior to the event, BTC will email you a link which you should use to join the event.
Certificates & post course support
Participants will receive an e-certificate for completing this BTC course. This also guarantees eligibility to access our free 6 months post-course advice service (including priority entry to free webinars).
This online course is run over Zoom. In the week before the course, you will receive an email with Zoom link and access the supporting materials. You will need to download (or print) the pack (and slides, if you wish) before each part of the course, unless you have selected a printed pack when booking.
You will need a good wifi connection and a suitable computer/laptop to access both the Zoom session and the pack throughout. You may wish to use a separate device for the pack (or split your screen) if you cannot or do not wish to print.
We recommend participants log in a few minutes beforehand. You may also wish to have a pen and paper handy to make notes.
1 ticket with downloadable materials
This ticket covers the whole half day course.
|£75.00 + VAT|
1 ticket with with printed pack
This ticket includes the cost of printing and delivery of a printed pack to your given address in advance. It is only available to those who book AT LEAST one week before the first training date.
|£100.00 + VAT|