Graduated with a Honours Degree in Physiotherapy from the UWE in Bristol. Qualfied as a nurse before physiotherapy. Post graduate training in tropical nursing, yoga and a horticulturist. CORU Registered PT029403
• Máiréad worked as a general nurse for 11 years. She initially worked in women’s health in 2004 and in 2011 spent a year in the Cork University Maternity Hospital on a gynaecology ward. Máiréad gained experience in acute care mainly A&E working in various health care settings around the world including India and Sudan.
• In 2015 Máiréad graduated as a Physiotherapist in the UK and worked in primary care.
• She returned to Ireland in 2017 and while on a career break learned all about organic market farming while waiting to get CORU registration.
• Máiréad gained further physiotherapy experience in the HSE in 2019/2020 working in primary care treating a wide age range of people with various conditions including women with post-natal pelvic pain. During this time she also took the opportunity to train in APPI Pilates. Máiréad taught a specialised back pain Pilate’s class in the HSE and locally in Dungarvan during this time.
• In 2021 Máiréad pursued her dream to run her own market garden farm and is now running her own business full time in Ring selling vegetables in the Waterford area.
• Favourite Quote: ‘Be the change you wish to see in the world’
• Fun Fact: Máiréad is 6 foot tall and loves living in confined spaces!! She lived on a canal boat for a year while living in the UK cruising along the Kennet and Avon canal outside of Bath. She also lived in a small converted garden shed in 2018 while working on a farm in Co. Clare.
• 3 Words to describe yourself: Passionate, Grounded, Positive
• My why? I have always been passionate about promoting physical and mental health throughout my career in healthcare and now in horticulture. Women’s health is an area that I feel passionate about and think it has been left behind. I believe that knowledge is power. I think it is important to support and empower pregnant women with exercise and education to prepare them physically and mentally for this life changing time.